We are currently seeking a
Senior Counsel or Associate General Counsel
to support our team. This position will work in Houston, Texas.
This position will play a key role in the day-to-day operational US legal activities of the business.
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Participating in all aspects of legal operations to support continued corporate growth, including pharmaceutical industry compliance, corporate governance and contract negotiation.
- Advising the business on pharmaceutical compliance, regulations, industry standards and company policies that arise throughout the product lifecycle.
- Providing legal advice and business counsel on public facing activities and programs, including review of advertising and promotional materials.
- Responsible for policy development, implementation and training.
- Overseeing and managing a wide variety of agreements, including, service agreements, clinical trial agreements, confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, and other commercial and R&D agreements.
- Maintaining corporate filings and records for the company and its subsidiaries.
- Assisting with corporate matters and projects, employment law matters, insurance procurement, litigation oversight and other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Coordinating and managing legal matters handled by outside counsel.
- Partnering with executive, research, operations, finance and human resources colleagues on various matters.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- JD and at least 9+ years practicing law at a major law firm and/or pharmaceutical or biotechnology company with significant relevant pharmaceutical compliance and corporate experience.
- Admission to at least one state bar and in-house qualification.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory and compliance environment and working knowledge of general corporate matters.
- Exceptional business acumen and judgment.
- Demonstrated expertise negotiating and drafting complex agreements.
- Corporate, M&A and/or public company experience a plus.
- Experience designing and implementing policies and processes pertaining to pharmaceutical regulations.
- Organization-focused and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Complex project management skills, including the ability to multi-task across high-volume projects, prioritize and manage timelines effectively in a responsive and professional manner.
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and excellent communication skills. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. You approach tasks in a structured,
reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
What We Offer
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g. job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. Immatics offers partial subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), 160 hours of PTO annually, paid holidays, paid parking, paid short/long term disability/AD&D and life insurance.
If you’re interested in working for Immatics, please forward your CV along with a letter of introduction via e-mail to RecruitingUS@immatics.com. For more detailed information about Immatics and privacy protection visit www.immatics.com.
Job Posting: Senior Counsel or Associate General Counsel (all genders welcome)
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies: Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@imamtics.com, and we will contact you if needed.