We are currently seeking a
Research Associate (CMC-PD)
to support our team. This position will work in Houston, Texas and your analytical reasoning and action-oriented style as well as your organization and communication skills will contribute to the team’s success
The primary purpose of the Research Associate I position is to perform complex, highly specialized and time sensitive technical cell manipulation and/or perform analytical tests to characterize and assess the functionality of final products under supervision.
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Performs aseptic cell growth and manipulation procedures such as cell isolation or enrichment, sorting, culture, cellular product cryopreservation, and cell product thaw/wash.
- Performs accurate calculations to determine cell viability, dilutions and cell concentrations.
- Performs cell-based studies or assays for product development, assay development, or product characterization.
- Strong hands-on skills in immunological, biochemical and molecular techniques including multi-parameter flow cytometry and qPCR.
- Performs and handles human peripheral blood for processing and product manufacture.
- Performs manual or automated primary cell isolation using established density gradient methods (Sepax or Ficoll gradients).
- Understands the study design and follow the instructions to execute experiments and analytical tests.
- Maintains accurate documentation in compliance with SOPs and appropriate federal and local regulations. Upload studies to electronic notebook in a timely manner.
- Performs quality control testing, routine equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Orders and stock critical supplies and reagents for the projects and maintain inventories.
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree in a Science related field. PREFERRED: Master’s Degree.
- Three (3) years of experience in a medical device or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Basic knowledge of primary cell culture and aseptic handling of cultures.
- Experience using various relevant equipment including but not limited to flow cytometers, qPCR machines, cell separation devices and automated cell counters.
- Prefer experience with growing T-lymphocytes and a strong background in flowcytometry.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt quickly in a fast-paced and changing industry.
- Proactively drive quality and efficiency to meet timelines and milestones to deliver high quality data management deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and excellent communication skills. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. You approach tasks in a structured,
reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
What We Offer
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g. job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. Immatics offers partial subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), 160 hours of PTO annually, paid holidays, paid parking, paid short/long term disability/AD&D and life insurance.
If you’re interested in working for Immatics, please forward your CV along with a letter of introduction via e-mail to RecruitingUS@immatics.com. For more detailed information about Immatics and privacy protection visit www.immatics.com.
Job Posting: Research Associate – CMC-PD (all genders welcome)
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies: Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@imamtics.com, and we will contact you if needed.