XPRESIDENT® is the most sensitive, accurate and highest-throughput technology capable of identifying targets in virtually any type of cancer within the industry.
XPRESIDENT® provides novel, highly-specific, and safer cancer targets that are central to developing a range of powerful immunotherapies with the potential to cure cancer.
The cancer targets identified by XPRESIDENT® are all peptides. These peptides are presented by human leucocyte antigen (HLA) receptors on the surface of tumor cells.
XPRESIDENT® is a high throughput technology platform that is centered on the identification of target peptides expressed and presented on the cell surface of tumor cells and not on the cell surface of normal tissue. XPRESIDENT® is capable of detecting peptides at an attomolar concentration – an unrivalled level of sensitivity.
- All XPRESIDENT® peptides are sourced from primary tissue samples obtained from the tumors and corresponding normal tissue.
- The peptides are then analyzed and identified through a combination of quantitative transcriptomics (mRNA sequencing) and quantitative HLA-peptidomics (mass spectrometry).
- Data are then further analyzed to examine the differential expression and presentation of these potential peptidic drug targets between tumor and normal tissue.
This process identifies HLA-peptides specifically presented on cells in the tumor tissue and absent on cells found in normal tissue. From the vast pool of possible cancer targets, Immatics then further selects the most promising candidates to enable the development of immunotherapies that could potentially cure cancers.
Classical antibody and CAR-T therapies are restricted to cell surface proteins which constitute about 20-25% of all available targets on a solid tumor. XPRESIDENT® unlocks all intracellular antigens, increasing the target space by more than 4-fold.
- The vast collection of tissue samples combined with XPRESIDENT‘s® high-throughput approach has led to the generation of the largest target database known in the industry.
- All HLA-restricted targets discovered by XPRESIDENT® on any allele are proven to be present on a patient’s cancer tissue in contrast to those predicted by in silico techniques.
- XPRESIDENT® is the only platform enabling the exact quantification of target molecules on a tumor cell, thus providing target copy numbers. This is an essential piece of information to determine the targets' therapeutic mode of action.
- The breadth and flexibility of XPRESIDENT® is enabling the most comprehensive array of cancer targets derived from both, cell surface and intracellular antigens.
- XPRESIDENT® covers the twenty most important hematological and solid tumor types.
- XPRESIDENT® also enables guided on- and off-target toxicity screening by minimizing the off-tumor activity for many different immunotherapy modalities.
- Immatics’ XPRESIDENT® target discovery platform is protected by issued European patents and world-wide patent applications.