We are currently seeking a Full Time
Legal Counsel (contracts)
for our LEGAL DEPARTMENT to support our Team.
This position will preferably work in HOUSTON but may consider New York and will play a key role in the day-to-day operational US legal activities of the business.
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks
- Independently and efficiently negotiate and draft contract terms and conditions, including master service agreements, clinical trial agreements, consulting agreements, vendor agreements, statements of work, confidentiality agreements, quality and other agreements as requested.
- Provide advice and guidance to cross-functional teams relating to contract generation.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders on contract terms, prioritization and execution.
- Assure that contractual terms and provisions comply with corporate processes, guidelines, policies and applicable law.
- Assess and escalate risk associated with contractual terms and provide guidance to management to support the decision-making process.
- Develop and maintain template agreements including associated fall back language.
- Ensure proper execution, filing and status reporting of all agreements within company systems.
- Identify opportunities to optimize efficiency, cost savings and quality in the contracting process.
- Track and report data surrounding agreement management and execution.
- Support training on contract templates and fallback language.
- Partnering with executive, research, operations, finance and human resources colleagues on various matters.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree (JD preferred)
- 5+ years direct contracting experience within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated expertise negotiating and drafting complex agreements
- In-depth knowledge of biotechnology and pharmaceutical contracting processes and associated policies, procedures, business practices and systems.
- Strong business acumen and judgment.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Complex project management skills, including the ability to multi-task across high-volume projects, prioritize and manage timelines effectively in a responsive and professional manner.
- Strong relationship management skills and experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Capable of professionally managing confidential information.
- Ability to function well with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with MS Office and database management.
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and excellent communication skills. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. You approach tasks in a structured, reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
What Immatics offers
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. Immatics offers partial subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), 160 hours of PTO annually, paid holidays, paid parking, paid short/long term disability/AD&D and life insurance.
If you’re interested in working for Immatics, please forward you CV along with a letter of introduction via e-mail to RecruitingUS@immatics.com. For more detailed information about Immatics and privacy protection visit www.immatics.com.
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies: Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@imamtics.com, and we will contact you if needed.