We are currently seeking a
Director Target Validation
to lead our Target Validation unit dedicated to the characterization of Immatics targets for cancer immunotherapies. The position can be located in Tübingen or home based with 2-3 days per week presence in Tübingen.
(all genders welcome)
Your main responsibilities:
- Improve tissue-based target discovery and characterization processes by guiding, developing and structuring your growing team of highly motivated scientists and technicians
- Explore and develop innovative technologies to enrich/ complement our existing platforms in close collaboration with other teams
- Enhance and streamline your team’s vivacity, ideas and contribution to our interdisciplinary research goals
- Act as an innovative and business driven participant in the strategic planning of Immatics’ research and early development activities for novel cancer immunotherapies
- Plan staffing and budget requirements to foster your team’s diverse spectrum of tasks and responsibilities
- PhD or MD in a life science discipline
- Strong experience in people management
- Highly productive researcher with 5-8 years of industry or academic experience in the fields of drug discovery and development, ideally with a focus on the characterization of therapeutic targets and preclinical development in immuno-oncology
- Technological background in tissue- and cell-based target characterization (e.g. histology/ histopathology,
in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, in vitro models) including profound planning and analytical skills and deep experience in wide-ranging interpretation of the obtained data
- Open minded team player with outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills, leadership abilities also in horizontal settings, excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills in English and preferably also German
- Ability to flexibly adapt to a growing and highly dynamic R&D environment
What We Offer
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g. job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.
If you’re interested in working for Immatics, please apply online and provide your application documents along with the relevant credentials and certificates. Mrs Annemarie Selbenbacher will answer initial questions at +49 89 125 03 98 33 (landline number Germany). Coredi Recruiting GmbH (Mrs Annemarie Selbenbacher) advises Immatics on this job posting.