We are currently seeking a
to support our team. This position will work in Houston, Texas and will play a key role in the day-to-day operational US accounting activities of the business.
This includes, but is not limited to recording journal entries, reconciling bank statements and full responsibility for the month-end close (deferred revenue, prepaid expenses, asset depreciation, etc.).
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
• Prepare/approve journal entries with appropriate supporting documentation.
• Maintain assigned general ledger accounts through monthly reconciliation and perform month-end adjustments where necessary.
• Month-end close out process reconciling and tying out monthly activity across various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
• Responsible for payroll duties, including taxes, compliance with local, state and federal regulations and work with a third-party vendor to ensure the accuracy of tax liabilities and reconciliation to withholdings.
• Reconcile and balance quarterly and year end reports.
• Assist departments in explanation of actual operating results.
• Assist in preparing for external audits through preparation of audit schedules and providing documentation material.
• Lead the US tax filings in cooperation with external consultants.
• Supervision of one Accounts Payable Coordinator.
• Reporting to the Global Head of Accounting located in Germany.
• Lead the ERP-system migration in co-operation with external consultants.
• Strong support in our Global SOX Implementation Project and main control owner for the US accounting.
• Responsible for master data (vendors, etc.)
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; MBA/master’s a plus.
• Must have 5-7 years-experience in a similar role.
• Professional certification preferred.
• Audit experience.
• Working knowledge of general software applications.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
• Maintain strict confidentiality.
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and excellent communication skills. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. You approach tasks in a structured,
reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
What We Offer
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g. job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. Immatics offers partial subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), 160 hours of PTO annually, paid holidays, paid parking, paid short/long term disability/AD&D and life insurance.
If you’re interested in working for Immatics, please forward your CV along with a letter of introduction via e-mail to RecruitingUS@immatics.com. For more detailed information about Immatics and privacy protection visit www.immatics.com.
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies: Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@imamtics.com, and we will contact you if needed.