We are currently seeking a Full Time
Head of Strategic Operations (Sr. Director) - Cell & Gene Therapy
to support all function lines of our team. This position is preferably based in Houston, Texas, but may be considered also to be done remote with regular visits to our Houston site. Your analytical reasoning and action-oriented style as well as your organization and communication skills will contribute to the team’s success.
This position will report to the Chief Medical Officer with close interactions with the Chief Technology Officer and is responsible to take a strategic approach on how to scale and optimize operational delivery of a growing pipeline of TCR-T cell assets during the maturing life-cycle of our cell therapy pipeline.
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks
- To generate an end-to-end strategic plan (mid- and long-term) on how to operationally deliver our cell and gene therapy portfolio.
- Continuously asses (e.g. gap analysis) and improve the company’s set up to support the unique journey of a patients that are being screened for and treated with autologous TCR-engineered cell products as part of early- and late-stage clinical trials as well as in the commercial post-approval setting.
- To focus on solutions that go beyond single programs to introduce innovative processes and technologies that span across functional lines within the company.
- To position Immatics in the top league of players in operational delivery of our cell therapy portfolio to patients relative to the external competition and measurable key performance indicators.
- To integrate input from all relevant functional lines within Immatics and external staekholders (e.g. health care professionals, KOLs, patients, advocacy groups, CDMOs, regulatory agencies, and payers).
- To lead generation and execution of the action plan by setting up task- and goal-driven matrix-teams and ensure that work is conducted according to an aligned project plan and delivery of objectives are monitored until timely delivery.
- Lead projects that aim to implement required adaptions required to increase scale and performance through pipeline maturation.
- To present status of company-wide activities to increase operational excellence for delivery of cell therapies across the portfolio to senior management.
- Key stakeholder of interdisciplinary development teams with strong interface/cooperation with:
- Chief Technology Officer
- Chief Innovation Officer
- Chief Development Officer
- Clinical Operations
- Physician Line
- Drug Supply and GMP Manufacturing
- Target-Based Biomarker
- Program Management
- Medical Affairs (future)
- Commercial (future)
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following
- REQUIRED: D. or M.D. with a scientific background in Immuno-Oncology and/or oncology cell therapy.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in drug development in oncology/Cell therapy in the industry setting.
- Ability to bridge between science and technology and financial as well as commercial considerations.
- Strong project leadership skills with experience in leading complex cross-functional matrix teams.
- Ability to coordinate tasks and effectively work with multiple stakeholders to achieve objectives in a timely manner while managing risks and budgets for projects.
- Manage issues proactively, manage conflicts, and mitigate Risk.
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and excellent communication skills. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. You approach tasks in a structured, reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
What Immatics offers
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. Immatics offers partial subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), 160 hours of PTO annually, paid holidays, paid parking, paid short/long term disability/AD&D and life insurance and stock options.
If you’re interested in working for Immatics, please forward you CV along with a letter of introduction via e-mail to RecruitingUS@immatics.com. For more detailed information about Immatics and privacy protection visit www.immatics.com.