We are currently seeking a Full Time
Research Associate I or II
for our BIOMARKERS DEPARTMENT to support our Team.
This position will work in Houston, Texas. Your analytical reasoning and action-oriented style as well as your organization and communication skills will contribute to the team’s success. This position will perform all approved laboratory procedures in assigned areas of CLIA/CAP licensure and will participate in the development and optimization of clinical in vitro molecular assays at Immatics US Inc.
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks
- Documented training of high complexity qPCR, Luminex and immunohistochemistry testing.
- Must maintain compliance with CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Enhance and optimize in vitro assay test methods.
- Demonstrates appropriate use, care and maintenance of all equipment in the lab.
- Evaluate reagents for assay development and reagent stability.
- Responsible for placement and organization of supplies, etc. in appropriate locations or storage bins within the lab.
- Responsible for accurate documentation of experimental work, data analysis and results.
- Attends meetings to ensure an understanding of procedures and forms for the collection, processing and storage of clinical research specimens.
- Prepare/revise/review SOPs, Work instructions, Lab Manuals.
- Identify problems, communicate them to the team members.
- Assist in the planning and execution of verification and validation experiments.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following
- REQUIRED: B. S in Biology or related scientific discipline. Experience may be able to substitute for degree.
- 2+ years of academic or industry experience preferred.
- Foundation in a variety of molecular biology fundamentals, such as sequencing, cloning, protein purification/isolation, DNA/RNA purification and cytokine testing.
- Experience in CLIA/CAP lab is a plus.
- Need a thorough understanding of QA/QC procedures.
- You may be asked to demonstrate your laboratory skills during the interview process.
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and excellent communication skills. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. You approach tasks in a structured, reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
What Immatics offers
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. Immatics offers partial subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), 160 hours of PTO annually, paid holidays, paid parking, paid short/long term disability/AD&D and life insurance.
If you’re interested in working for Immatics, please forward you CV along with a letter of introduction via e-mail to RecruitingUS@immatics.com. For more detailed information about Immatics and privacy protection visit www.immatics.com.