We are currently seeking a
Program Physician (Senior Director)
to support our team. This position will work in Houston, Texas. Your analytical reasoning and action-oriented style as well as your organization and communication skills will contribute to the team’s success.
This position will report to the Chief Medical Officer and is responsible for a growing pipeline of autologous TCR-T cell assets, bi-specific T cell engagers and allogenic TCR-transduced gamma/delta T cells.
(all genders welcome)
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Generate Clinical Development plan from first testing in human, to RPh2D, clinical proof of concept, and registration trials.
- Protocol design including selection of the patient population and benefit risk assessments.
- Build and Maintain Relationship to investigators and KOLs.
- Medical Monitoring.
- Lead the clinical matrix team which is part of the interdisciplinary early development team.
- Assess and respond to regular and urgent inquiries on patient eligibility criteria or safety events.
- Assessment of safety events together with safety experts and pharmacovigilance function.
- Generate the response to request for information from regulatory agencies for all medical aspects of the assigned trial protocols.
- Non-voting member of DSMBs.
- Presents patient level data from assigned programs to senior management.
- Key stakeholder of interdisciplinary development teams with strong interface/cooperation with:
- Clinical Operations
- Non-physician Clinical Scientists
- Drug Supply
- Translational Medicine
- Program Management
- Medical Affairs (future 2022+)
- Commercial (future 2024+)
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- REQUIRED: M.D. with a strong scientific background in Immuno-Oncology and/or oncology cell therapy.
- Will consider physicians with an academic background that lack industry experience but want to transfer over to the industry if they have relevant experience in clinical testing of engineered T-Cell products.
- A minimum of Two (2) to Three (3) years of industry experience in early-stage drug development.
- Experience in clinical testing of cell therapy products in oncology.
- Experience in treatment of patients with multiple solid cancers.
- Ability to coordinate tasks and effectively work with multiple stakeholders.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Manage issues proactively, manage conflicts, and mitigate risk.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and excellent communication skills. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. You approach tasks in a structured,
reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
What We Offer
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. Immatics offers partial subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), 160 hours of PTO annually, paid holidays, paid parking, paid short/long term disability/AD&D and life insurance, and stock options.
If you’re interested in working for Immatics, please forward you CV along with a letter of introduction via e-mail to RecruitingUS@immatics.com. For more detailed information about Immatics and privacy protection visit www.immatics.com.