We are currently seeking a
GMP Laboratory Support Assistant
to support our global team. This position will be based in Houston, Texas and will be responsible coordination and execution of cGMP facility and equipment maintenance, material transport, and performing daily activities to support cGMP manufacturing operations.
The candidate will be embedded in a multi-disciplinary team with strong internal interfaces to our CMC GMP and PD teams as well as external interfaces to 3rd party collaborators and courier services.
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Manages routine cleaning and maintenance of lab equipment in a cGMP setting.
- Manages yearly preventative maintenance and calibration of lab equipment in a cGMP setting in coordination with facility staff.
- Transports materials and documents to and from research and cGMP facilities.
- Prepares and receives domestic and international temperature-controlled
- Assists in daily cGMP operational activities.
- Assists in autoclaving and proper disposal of biohazard trash.
- Maintain accurate documentation in compliance with FDA’s Good Laboratory Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Tissue practices, as well as standards set by other accreditation agencies including but not limited to FACT, CAP, and CLIA.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related field
- One (1) to two (2) years of laboratory experience
- Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with laboratory equipment maintenance
- Experience working in a manufacturing and/or GMP facility
- Working knowledge and understanding of GMP, GCP, GDP, and relevant ICH and FDA guidelines
- Previous equipment maintenance experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech setting
- Additional Abilities:
- Ability to be highly functional in a fast-paced dynamic company with the ability to prioritize issues under differing pressures and to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and the ability to present effectively to small groups
- Good problem solving skills
- Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Sitting/standing for long periods of time
What We Offer
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g. job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. Immatics offers partial subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), 160 hours of PTO annually, paid holidays, paid parking, paid short/long term disability/AD&D and life insurance.
If you’re interested in working for Immatics, please forward your CV along with a letter of introduction via e-mail to RecruitingUS@immatics.com. For more detailed information about Immatics and privacy protection visit www.immatics.com.
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies: Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@imamtics.com, and we will contact you if needed.