We are currently seeking a
to support our team. This position will be possible office based in Houston, Texas.
The primary purpose of the Laboratory Manager position will be to coordinate the use of laboratories, maintain laboratory supplies and equipment and ensure a safe laboratory environment for all users.
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
• Supervises general laboratory employee and acts as liaison to upper management.
• Ensures the company has adequate resources (equipment, supplies) to perform shared laboratory services and purchase shared laboratory supplies.
• Responsible for notification of contamination events and follow up of corrective actions.
• Responsible for inventory, equipment cleaning and maintenance.
• Organization of reagent cleanouts and laboratory organization/cleanliness.
• Ensures, trains and oversees staff training, verifying that personnel are trained to safely perform all required lab functions and maintains training records.
• Provides technical assistance and troubleshoots issues associated with lab services.
• Oversees equipment maintenance and calibration, qualification of new equipment and reporting all deficiencies.
• Reviews and approves calibration certifications, service results, COAs for supplies and similar documents.
• Planning/organization of new lab equipment and space needs.
• Responsible for lab documentation and pickup issues/backup for sample pickups.
• Suggests and oversees the implementation of general lab process improvements.
• Works closely with lab moves or construction.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Biotechnology.
• At least ten (10) years of experience in a lab environment.
• Three (3) or more years of lab management experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to prioritize workloads.
• Leadership skills.
• Technical expertise in microbiological laboratory functions and services.
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and excellent communication skills. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. You approach tasks in a structured,
reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
What We Offer
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g. job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. Immatics offers partial subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), 160 hours of PTO annually, paid holidays, paid parking, paid short/long term disability/AD&D and life insurance.
If you’re interested in working for Immatics, please forward your CV along with a letter of introduction via e-mail to RecruitingUS@immatics.com. For more detailed information about Immatics and privacy protection visit www.immatics.com.
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies: Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@imamtics.com, and we will contact you if needed.