We are currently seeking a Full Time Sr. RESEARCH ASSOCIATE for our TARGET BASED BIOMARKERS DEPARTMENT to support our team. This position will work in Houston, Texas. Your analytical reasoning and action-oriented style as well as your organization and communication skills will contribute to the team’s success. This position will perform all approved laboratory procedures in assigned areas of CLIA/CAP licensure and will participate in the development and optimization of clinical in vitro molecular assays at Immatics US Inc.
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Documented training of high complexity qPCR, Luminex and immunohistochemistry testing.
- Must maintain compliance with CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Enhance and optimize in vitro assay test methods.
- Demonstrates appropriate use, care, and maintenance of all equipment in the lab.
- Evaluate reagents for assay development and reagent stability.
- Responsible for placement and organization of supplies, etc. in appropriate locations or storage bins within the lab.
- Responsible for accurate documentation of experimental work, data analysis and results.
- Attends meetings to ensure an understanding of procedures and forms for the collection, processing, and storage of clinical research specimens.
- Prepare/revise/review SOPs, Work instructions, Lab Manuals.
- Identify problems, communicate them to the team members.
- Assist in the planning and execution of verification and validation experiments.
- Ability to perform data and statistical analyses, graph and compile data for presentations, may provide interpretations, conclusions and future directions for the study.
- Personnel is expected to successfully complete the technical competency evaluation before proceeding with patient sample testing.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:REQUIRED
- B. S/ M.S in Biology or related scientific discipline. Experience may be able to substitute for degree.
- 3+ years of academic or industry experience preferred.
- Foundation in a variety of molecular biology fundamentals, such as sequencing, cloning, protein purification/isolation, DNA/RNA purification and cytokine testing.
- Experience in CLIA/CAP lab is a plus.
- Need a thorough understanding of QA/QC procedures.
- You may be asked to demonstrate your laboratory skills during the interview process.
- Upon hiring, the personnel is expected to successfully complete the technical competency evaluation within the introductory evaluation period for continued employment at Immatics.
We expect a high degree of independent working with minimal level of supervision, analytical reasoning, and excellent communication skills. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. You approach tasks in a structured, reliable, and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm, and strong social skills.
What Immatics Offers
We are a committed and inspired company and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking, and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. In addition, we offer:
- Competitive Total Rewards package
- Base Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Stock Options – based on position level
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous Holiday Time
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) for ALL EMPLOYEES regardless of position level
- Full Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Other voluntary insurance (Pet, Legal Shield Identity Theft Protection, Travel Assistant, Accidental Injury and Critical Illness,)
- Family Medical Leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance policy
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Personal time with the CEO in your first 30 days
- Collaborative and family environment
- Monthly Site meetings with fun team building events
- Participation in the annual Houston BioChili Cookoff
- Themed Holiday party
- Social Community Outreach participation
- Development training and planning
- Various committees to foster collaboration and involvement within Immatics
- Hybrid work schedules (based on position need and supervisor’s approval)
Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@immatics.com, and we will contact you if needed.
Immatics values diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.