We are currently seeking a Full Time Senior Research Associate for our Precision Medicine and Biomarkers to support our team. This position will work in Houston, Texas and will be responsible for performing all approved laboratory procedures in assigned areas of CLIA/CAP licensure and will participate in the development and optimization of clinical in vitro molecular assays at Immatics US Inc.
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks:Essential functions:
- Train on protocols of high complexity qPCR assays, Luminex and immunohistochemistry testing. with proper documentation.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Demonstrate appropriate use, care, and maintenance of all equipment in the lab and inventory management.
- Evaluate reagents for assay development and reagent stability.
- Responsible for accurate documentation of experimental work, data analysis and results.
- Attend meetings to ensure an understanding of procedures and forms for the collection, processing, and storage of clinical research specimens.
- Prepare/revise/review SOPs, Work instructions, Lab Manuals, study plans and research reports.
- Assist in the planning and execution of verification and validation experiments.
- Provide direction and training to personnel to ensure efficient, timely and high-quality results in compliance with all protocols, guidelines, regulations, etc.
- Identify noncompliance in lab processes and documentation and implement preventative and corrective actions.
- Attend organizational meetings.
- Assist in CLIA/CAP inspection activities.
- Attend clinical laboratory related continuing education webinars/ courses.
- Other duties as assigned
- Attention to detail and good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to follow instructions and strictly follow procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties to meet timelines.
- Foundation in a variety of molecular biology fundamentals such as sequencing, cloning, protein purification/isolation, DNA/RNA purification and cytokine testing
- Flexible, adaptable, and willing to learn new tasks.
- Excellent analytic and data interpretation skills.
This position works in a typical office and/or clinical lab environment with moderate noise levels and uses phone, computer, office equipment and supplies on a regular basis. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, biological agents/ pathogens and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, risk of electrical shock, sharps, or cuts, while performing tests. Physical demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, lift, push or pull objects up to 50 pounds. The employee Vision abilities required for this job include close vision and color vision. Travel required:
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:Required education and experience
Preferred education and experience
- B. S/M.S in Biology or related scientific discipline. Experience may be able to substitute for degree.
- Minimum of four years of academic or industry experience.
Additional eligibility requirements:
- Experience in CLIA/CAP lab is a plus.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
- Upon hiring, the personnel are expected to successfully complete the technical competency evaluation within the introductory evaluation period for continued employment at Immatics.
Must be eligible to work in the US legally at any time during employment.
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and excellent communication skills. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. You approach tasks in a structured,
reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
What Immatics Offers
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. Immatics offers partial subsidized health, dental and vision
insurance, 401(k), 160 hours of PTO annually, paid holidays, paid parking, paid short/long term disability/AD&D and life insurance.
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies
Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@immatics.com, and we will contact you if needed.
Immatics values diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.