We are currently seeking a Scientist Transcriptomics and Genomics* to strengthen our team in the research and development of innovative immunotherapeutic products. You will work in Tuebingen (Germany) in an interdisciplinary environment with colleagues from all research and preclinical/ clinical development departments. Your analytical reasoning and action-oriented style as well as your prioritization, organization and communication skills will contribute to the global team’s success.
The job profile is focused on the improvement and expansion of our next-generation sequencing
, as well as the implementation of novel spatial transcriptomics
technologies to guide target characterization and validation
, which will involve but are not limited to these tasks:
- Develop and implement novel assays and workflows to enhance the efficiency and throughput of our NGS pipeline enabling the analysis of very limited input material or FFPE-preserved tissues.
- Evaluate and support the integration of new spatial transcriptomics technologies (i.e. 10x Visium, 10x Xenium, Vizgen Merscope) that will further optimize our target identification, selection and validation process, as well as biomarker analyses in clinical samples.
- Analyze and interpret large-scale sequencing data to identify and validate novel targets and biomarkers for cancer immunotherapy supported by advanced tools and resources entailed in our XPRESIDENT® platform.
- Steer the scientific development of our NGS technology portfolio and provide methodological expertise in transcriptomics and genomics to guide multi-disciplinary teams in method selection, optimal experimental design, sample processing, sequencing data generation, and analysis.
- Collaborate closely with our bioinformatics team and external partners to ensure the successful implementation of innovative sequencing technologies.
As a lab scientist with a passion for innovation and method optimization, this position is an excellent fit for you.
You hold a PhD degree in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Medicine, Pharmacy or have been comparably educated and proven your scientific excellence and your ability to account for complex projects, ideally with a track record in cancer biology and/ or immunotherapy.
You have hands-on experience and a theoretical understanding of various technologies and applications of the NGS field, including library preparations for short- and long-read sequencing, PCR and molecular biological work (i.e. DNA/ RNA extraction). Importantly, you are familiar with all experimental steps from assay design to data generation.
Practical experience with processing of various sample types, as well as working with very limited input material for NGS applications would be a considerable plus.
Basic programming skills (Python, R) and previous experience with data processing, large-scale data analysis and relational databases is of advantage.
You take careful processing, documentation and reporting of your results for granted. Your analytical competence as well as your communication, writing and presentation skills in English enable you to successfully contribute to projects as part of a team and to present your work internally or to external partners from the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated, and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking, and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g., job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.
*We value diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.