We are currently seeking a Scientist Research Management to strengthen our Target Research department. You will work in Tübingen or Munich (Germany) in an interdisciplinary environment with colleagues from research, pre-clinical and clinical development departments to advance research findings into cancer immunotherapies.
Our unique and proprietary XPRESIDENT® technology platform identifies numerous target candidates for cancer immunotherapies. Furthermore, XPRESIDENT® knowledge guides the safety and efficacy characterization of T cell receptors (TCRs) originating from our XCEPTOR® platform. Characterizing our targets and TCRs and advancing them into development pipelines and ultimately therapeutic applications requires a close collaboration of experts from various disciplines. Orchestrating these processes across different functions and for a variety of projects and development programs is the core mission of the team you will be part of.
Your responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Design and prepare target validation plans tailored to the specific needs of targets and projects based on a continuous alignment with scientific experts and project leaders.
- Review progress and results of target validation activities in close interaction with scientific experts for all different parts of Immatics’ target validation pipeline and ensure timely delivery of target validation packages.
- Facilitate the interplay of all XPRESIDENT®-based activities which guide the validation of TCRs and act as the primary interface connecting these activities to our XCEPTOR® teams and projects.
- Carefully document and convincingly present the progress and results of these efforts in writing and in direct interaction with internal stakeholders and external parties like collaboration partners or regulatory authorities.
- Strive for excellence in actively shaping, developing, and streamlining all processes and interactions within your area of responsibility.
You hold a PhD degree in life sciences, biotechnology, medicine, pharmacy or have been comparably educated.
Ideally, you have gained insights into the validation of targets and/ or TCRs for cancer (immune) therapy, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotech company. Knowledge of immunology and/ or oncology is an advantage. Your scientific competences and experience and your profound communication skills enable you to successfully contribute to interdisciplinary projects as part of a team.
You are interested in translating scientific findings into clinical applications. You cherish to be challenged to deal intensively with scientific input from various areas, to subsequently develop concepts and solutions as well as to implement and present them in a convincing manner. You enjoy coordinating interdisciplinary teams and you take careful processing and documenting of your results for granted.
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and excellent communication skills in English. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility. Your motivation is driven by your passion for innovation and science, which you want to deploy in a coordinating function based on your deep and comprehensive understanding of relevant research data.
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated, and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking, and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g., job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.
*We value diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.