The Scientist will be responsible for the development of novel methodologies to detect pharmacodynamic and diagnostic biomarkers that will impact different programs at Immatics.
- Enable discovery and development objectives.
- Responsible for providing expertise for biomarker discovery and assay development.
- Design proof of concept studies to assess feasibility of new diagnostic assay and conduct early phase experimentation, data analysis and validation.
- Responsible for maintaining regulatory compliance appropriate for clinical and preclinical study execution including all prescribed training as found in SOPs and work instructions.
- Responsible for QC and peer review of raw data and results from a wide variety of data sets generated within the regulated group, as well as participation in internal and external audits providing required information to auditors as needed.
- Mentor junior scientists/ research associates in biomarker strategy development, experimental protocol optimization, troubleshooting, data generation and analysis.
- Participate in continuous improvement of scientific and regulatory processes via update/creation of SOP’ and contribute to writing clinical trial associated documents.
- Participate in activities related to database implementation and data generation
- Partner across lines to integrate biomarker-based data into an overall understanding of drug MOA and efficacy.
- Attend meetings as needed
- May need to participate in CLIA/CAP activities within the department
- Attend conferences as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in the delivery of biomarker assay development strategies
- Strong knowledge of biological systems, cellular functions, and concepts in molecular biology/immunology
- Ability to make sound decisions and approach problems with curiosity and open mindedness
- Comfortable working at a global level in a highly matrixed environment. Excellent interdisciplinary and international communication and moderation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor colleagues in a matrix environment.
- Ability to work in teams.
This position works in a typical office and/or clinical lab environment with moderate noise levels and uses phone, computer, office equipment and supplies on a regular basis. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, biological agents/ pathogens and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, risk of electrical shock, sharps, or cuts, while performing experiments. Physical demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, lift, push or pull objects up to 50 pounds. The employee Vision abilities required for this job include close vision and color vision. Travel required:
As needed for conferences or to visit other Immatics offices
What Immatics Offers
We are a committed and inspired company and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking, and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. In addition, we offer:
- Competitive Total Rewards package
- Base Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Stock Options – based on position level
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous Holiday Time
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) for ALL EMPLOYEES regardless of position level
- Full Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Other voluntary insurance (Pet, Legal Shield Identity Theft Protection, Travel Assistant, Accidental Injury and Critical Illness,)
- Family Medical Leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance policy
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Personal time with the CEO in your first 30 days
- Collaborative and family environment
- Monthly Site meetings with fun team building events
- Participation in the annual Houston BioChili Cookoff
- Themed Holiday party
- Social Community Outreach participation
- Development training and planning
- Various committees to foster collaboration and involvement within Immatics
- Hybrid work schedules (based on position need and supervisor’s approval)
Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@immatics.com, and we will contact you if needed.
Immatics values diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.