We are currently seeking a Scientist Bioinformatics* to support our R&D team to develop innovative product candidates for cancer immunotherapy. You will work in an interdisciplinary environment with colleagues from research and clinical departments at our site in Tuebingen (Germany), a vibrant University city close to Stuttgart in the south of Germany.
You will support Immatics’ efforts to identify and select promising targets for cancer immunotherapies. Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Integrate life science data from various assays (e.g., next-generation sequencing and mass spectrometry) into the Immatics’ immunoinformatics platform XCUBE™.
- Analyze data from various assays with statistics or machine learning methods and present your findings to guide and support scientific decisions.
- Contribute to our in-house platform for data analysis that empowers your fellow scientists to identify and validate targets for cancer immunotherapy.
- Develop queries against relational databases to enable targeted analyses and real-time access to experimental data.
- You hold a PhD or MSc degree in Bioinformatics or a related field.
- You have in-depth knowledge of statistics and data analysis.
- You are proficient in at least one scripting or programming language (e.g., Python).
- You maintain high code quality, including proactively writing tests and documentation.
- You have good communication skills in English and enjoy interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Knowledge of machine learning, databases, software development, peptidomics, or immunology is an advantage.
We expect a high degree of independent working and analytical reasoning. You are curious and motivated to extend your knowledge to contribute to our mission of developing new cancer immunotherapies to improve clinical outcomes for patients.
To complete your application, please enclose your transcripts of records (including all courses attended and grades earned) for all degrees (i.e., Bachelor, Master, PhD, if applicable) and to briefly mention which of your professional skills are relevant for this position from your point of view as well as why you are interested in working at Immatics.
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated, and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking, and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g., job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.
*We value diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.