We are currently seeking a Scientist Automation* to support our team in the development of innovative immunotherapeutic approaches. You will work in Tübingen (Germany) in an interdisciplinary environment with colleagues from all research departments. Your analytical reasoning and action-oriented style as well as your organization and communication skills will contribute to the team’s success.
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Plan and support the transfer of existing and future laboratory processes, in particular cell culture applications, onto automated platforms (i.e. Tecan, driven by Tecan Freedom EVOware® or Tecan Fluent Control).
- Oversee the integration of various modules (i.e. plate washers, centrifuges, automated liquid handling, shakers, analytical equipment etc.) on a Tecan platform.
- Serve as primary contact for vendors to ensure platform operability.
- Execute system performance analysis and troubleshooting.
- Regulate utilization of the devices and system maintenance.
- Create operating procedures (SOPs and Guidelines) and train users.
- Joint project team work with R&D scientists, IT and QM mainly in Tübingen (Germany), but also Houston (USA).
- Work together with our R&D Organizational Development, IT and QM to drive the integration of the Tecan platform infrastructure into LIMS and a regulated environment.
Desirably, you hold a PhD degree in life sciences or engineering. You have proven track record and hands-on experience in servicing large integrated systems, as a plus: experimental immunology, tumor immunology and immunotherapy, cellular and molecular biology. Experience with automation is mandatory, while experience with databases, LIMS as well as Python, Java, HTML, and other advanced programming languages is desirable. Experience in a GxP environment and quality-related experience is also regarded as advantageous.
We expect a high degree of independent working and very good problem-solving skills of complex technical issues. You have fluent communication skills, both in English and German, and you are familiar with the requirements of commercial business and interaction with external partners as well as vendors. You are conversant with the establishment of quality assurance systems and you take careful editing and documenting of your results for granted.
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g. job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.
*We value diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.