We are currently seeking a Full Time PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST I to support our PROCUREMENT team. This position will play a key role in the day-to-day operational US procurement activities of the business. You will be responsible for maintaining lab supplies safety stock and create lab related purchase orders. You will support and maintain high level of communication with relevant departments regarding order status, backorder, and sourcing information. Occasionally will be asked to participate in work related projects based on business needs.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels and appropriate safety stocks to ensure efficient flow throughout the lab. Restock shelfs when needed.
- Assist with developing and maintaining supplier relationships. Rationalize and consolidate suppliers; identify and negotiate for best pricing, terms, and opportunities to reduce cost.
- Send and maintain purchase order status for other departments; verify delivery schedules. Coordinate logistic issues.
- Expedite purchase order to monitor vendor progress to ensure timely shipment of equipment/material.
- Coordinate with relevant departments to ensure specification and requirement is met for alternative or replacement item.
- Assist with reconciliation of invoice discrepancies with AP Team.
- Provide user assistance to ensure the proper creation and structuring of purchase orders.
- Contact the vendor(s) when a wrong item or an item received is out of compliance/specification. Work on getting the replacement and/or credit.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with both team members and vendors through effective and timely communication.
- Decisive, detailed-oriented, and highly accurate.
- Ability to independently identify, research and resolve issues.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Dependable, flexible and team player.
- Capable of learning and implementing new programs and software applications.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced/changing environment.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain.
- Minimum 1year of procurement experience.
- Experience and working knowledge of ERP system.
Preferred education and experience
- Experience with Biotech/Pharmaceutical Industry
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics.
Additional eligibility requirements:
- Must be authorized to work in the Unites States.
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and excellent communication skills. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. You approach tasks in a structured, reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
This position works in the office in a typical office environment with moderate noise levels and uses phone, computer, office equipment and supplies on a regular basis.
- Able to carry/lift supplies close to 25 lbs.
- Able to bend, climb or reach to stack supplies.
Occasional travel within close proximity to Immatics Facilities (Mileage reimbursement offered).
What Immatics Offers
We are a committed and inspired company and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking, and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. In addition, we offer:
- Competitive Total Rewards package
- Base Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Stock Options – based on position level
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous Holiday Time
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) for ALL EMPLOYEES regardless of position level
- Full Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Other voluntary insurance (Pet, Legal Shield Identity Theft Protection, Travel Assistant, Accidental Injury and Critical Illness,)
- Family Medical Leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance policy
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Personal time with the CEO in your first 30 days
- Collaborative and family environment
- Monthly Site meetings with fun team building events
- Participation in the annual Houston BioChili Cookoff
- Themed Holiday party
- Social Community Outreach participation
- Development training and planning
- Various committees to foster collaboration and involvement within Immatics
- Hybrid work schedules (based on position need and supervisor’s approval)
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies
Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@immatics.com, and we will contact you if needed.
Immatics values diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.