The Material Handling Associate Manager is a GxP position that will provide leadership and oversight of the material handling group throughout optimization, tech transfer, qualification, and clinical manufacturing of various ACT products. This role involves management of the team that prepares and transfers GMP materials according to strict aseptic techniques and procedures.
- Manages the material transfer pathway from materials management to the clinical production cGMP manufacturing areas.
- Manages the daily activities of the material handling team in relation to the needs of the manufacturing team.
- Identifies inefficient or insufficient areas, then develops and implements improvement plans.
- Authors and reviews SOPs, Working Instruction, and Batch Record documents via change control process and maintains accurate documentation in compliance with FDA’s Good Laboratory Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Good Tissue practices regulations as well as standards set by other accreditation agencies including but not limited to FACT, CAP, and CLIA.
- Oversees deviations and events while notifying quality management personnel in timely manner.
- Responsibilities include staffing, oversight of training, and retaining energized, motivated, team-oriented staff. Carry forward education and advancement. Utilize work staff in an efficient manner through cross training and flexible resource planning.
- Review and adjust personnel experience to meet demands of changing production requirements.
- Responsible for coordinating material transfer improvement projects in conjunction with manufacturing requirements.
- Oversees reagents and supply inventory in the designated material transfer area(s).
- Successfully complete aseptic gowning qualification and maintains qualified status.
- Collaborates with the GMP Manufacturing team to establish MOH, BOMs and ROPs for manufacturing materials.
- Manage Deviations/ MBRs lifecycles to ensure timely closure deviations and on-time delivery of MBRs
- Review deviation reports/ MBRs to ensure consistency and high standards in technical investigation and writing
- Completes and maintains aseptic gowning qualification
- Backup for material handling associates and daily responsibilities
- Provides real time feedback and ideas regarding the efficiency of the workflow.
- Enters relevant data into appropriate systems.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Handle materials stored at various temperatures (-196°C to 37°C).
- Aseptic handling, gowning, and behaviors
- Adherence to safety protocols
- Accurately interpret manufacturing calendars and support the needs of the manufacturing team
- Manage material handling team and ensure materials are available
- Interactive, collaborative team environment.
- ISO classified (B,C,D) cGMP manufacturing space (temperature will be adjusted to account for required PPE). Personal protective equipment will be provided and required depending on the specific task.
- Office work in a standard office environment.
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to routinely don sterile gowning.
- Handle materials stored at various temperatures (-196°C to 37°C).
Travel between site locations as required.
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in SCM, Procurement or any relevant discipline.
- Three (3) years of experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or academic environment managing supply chain or material handling projects.
Preferred education and experience
- Four (4) years of experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or academic environment managing supply chain or material handling projects
- Experience working in a manufacturing and/or GMP facility
- Working knowledge and understanding of GMP, GCP, GDP, and relevant ICH and FDA guidelines
What Immatics Offers
We are a committed and inspired company and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking, and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. In addition, we offer:
- Competitive Total Rewards package
- Base Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Stock Options – based on position level
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous Holiday Time
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) for ALL EMPLOYEES regardless of position level
- Full Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Other voluntary insurance (Pet, Legal Shield Identity Theft Protection, Travel Assistant, Accidental Injury and Critical Illness,)
- Family Medical Leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance policy
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Personal time with the CEO in your first 30 days
- Collaborative and family environment
- Monthly Site meetings with fun team building events
- Participation in the annual Houston BioChili Cookoff
- Themed Holiday party
- Social Community Outreach participation
- Development training and planning
- Various committees to foster collaboration and involvement within Immatics
- Hybrid work schedules (based on position need and supervisor’s approval)
Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@immatics.com, and we will contact you if needed.
Immatics values diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.