The primary purpose of this position is to perform complex, highly specialized and time sensitive technical cell manipulation and testing procedures on irreplaceable cellular products during clinical manufacturing.
- Perform cell growth and manipulation procedures such as cell enrichment, cell culture, cellular product cryopreservation, cell product thaw/wash.
- Accurately perform procedures in compliance with FDA’s Good Laboratory Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Tissue practices, as well as standards set by other accreditation agencies including but not limited to FACT, CAP, and CLIA.
- Adhere to ALCOAC++ and cGDocP requirements while accurately performing procedures and maintaining documentation in compliance with SOPs.
- Document deviations and events, notify supervisor and quality management personnel in timely manner, and assist in investigation of root cause and any required corrective actions.
- Responsible for aseptic handling of reagents and products to ensure the integrity and sterility of cellular products until final infusion to the patient. Must adhere to special cleaning and gowning requirements for the facility requiring specialized gowning such as masks, sterile jumpsuits, hair and shoe covers.
- Independently perform calculations to determine cell viability, dilutions, and cell concentrations.
- Report details relevant to deviations, OOS/OOE, or CAPAs.
- Maintain knowledge regarding donor evaluation, screening and testing, labeling and product acceptability and release criteria.
- Maintain GMP cleanliness: autoclaving, bleaching liquid waste, removing waste, general cleanliness and organization of the office and facility
- Complete all appropriate logs and trackers.
- Basic knowledge of equipment cleaning and maintenance.
- Independent manufacturing on the IMA201, IMA202, IMA203, IMA204, and future manufacturing processes.
- Use and troubleshooting of BSC, Incubator, Centrifuge, Sepax, CliniMACS, TSCD, Heat Sealer, GatheRex, MVE, CRF, Refrigerator(s), Freezer(s).
- GMP Gowning Qualification
- Aseptic Processing
- FreezerPro: entering, transferring, removing entries
- Autoclave, bleaching liquid waste, and waste removal
- Patient preparation: understand the required documents and labels for processing. Identify if a document/label is missing.
- Complete all UTH required trainings and TCRs
- Successful participation in APVs/Gowning Re-Qualification as needed.
- Preparation, aliquoting, labelling and storage of complete media and materials
- Reliability: adhere to the Time Policy and effectively communicate timing needs with team mates
- Accurately complete assignments according to agreed upon timelines
- Ability to work productively and to participate in a highly creative and fast-paced environment.
This position works in a typical office environment with moderate noise levels and uses phone, computer, office equipment and supplies on a regular basis. Additionally, this position routinely works in a grade B/C/D GMP environment with associated facility noise levels and uses cleanroom phone, computer, variety of equipment and reagent/supplies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely handles blood components and is occasionally exposed to temperatures between 8°C to -196°C, liquid nitrogen, liquid nitrogen vapor, dry ice and carbon dioxide.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit and stand for extended periods of time. The employee will use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, lift, push or pull objects up to 50 pounds. The employee must undergo color blindness evaluation and vision abilities required for this job include close vision.
Travel required between two Houston locations on a daily basis.
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related field.
- Zero (0) to Two (2) years of cell therapy manufacturing experience.
- Basic cell culture lab techniques such as cell passaging, cryopreservation, formulation of media, aseptic technique, cell counting, and managing reagents.
Preferred education and experience
- One (1) to two (2) years of cell therapy manufacturing experience.
Additional eligibility requirements: N/A
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Valid driver’s license and a criminal background check.
What Immatics Offers
We are a committed and inspired company and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking, and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. In addition, we offer:
- Competitive Total Rewards package
- Base Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Stock Options – based on position level
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous Holiday Time
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) for ALL EMPLOYEES regardless of position level
- Full Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Other voluntary insurance (Pet, Legal Shield Identity Theft Protection, Travel Assistant, Accidental Injury and Critical Illness,)
- Family Medical Leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance policy
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Personal time with the CEO in your first 30 days
- Collaborative and family environment
- Monthly Site meetings with fun team building events
- Participation in the annual Houston BioChili Cookoff
- Themed Holiday party
- Social Community Outreach participation
- Development training and planning
- Various committees to foster collaboration and involvement within Immatics
- Hybrid work schedules (based on position need and supervisor’s approval)
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies
Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@immatics.com, and we will contact you if needed.
Immatics values diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.