Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets. This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. Operating from Tuebingen, Munich and Houston, we are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer. For more detailed information, check out our careers page at Jobs at Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH (personio.de)
We are currently seeking a Full Time FACILITY MANAGER
to support our FACILITIES TEAM
. This position will work in Houston, Texas. This position, under the supervision of the Sr. Director of Facilities, is responsible for the planning, scheduling and performance of the facility including offices, biological labs, cleanrooms for manufacturing and facility maintenance program. Essential functions:
- Responsible for day to day activities of Maintenance Operations (planning, scheduling, etc.)
- Schedule preventative maintenance, respond to urgent maintenance calls and participate in the creation of emergency preparedness plans.
- Provide project engineering support for construction and or remodeling of facilities.
- Meet with other team members in order to plan and schedule calibration and maintenance activities for facilities equipment across various facilities.
- Work directly with manufacturing, validation, quality assurance/control and other necessary departments to support individual departmental needs.
- Assist with forecasts and communication to end users to effectively schedule required maintenance activities while minimizing equipment downtime.
- Apply technical and maintenance experience to identify the scope and plan for maintenance activities given available resources, criticality of work and time.
- Assist with coordination of activities and schedules related to the use of service vendors.
- Oversee commissioning activities, when necessary.
- Provide operations management for all facilities equipment.
- Be adaptable to developing a standard operating procedures (SOPs) in a Quality Management System environment.
- Coordinate and notify Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and respective teams of any deviations in required conditions inside the facility.
Required education and experience
- Develop, write, edit and review SOPs for facilities protocols and procedures.
- Develop quotes for submission of purchase requisitions for goods and services related to facility and maintenance activities and budgetary tracking for items.
- Assist in the investigation of instrument and equipment related deviations as well as supporting regulatory site inspections.
- Assist in planning of future building space and supply needs.
- Coordinate across contractors performing construction in facilities and remodels when necessary.
- Assist with Building Management System (BMS) for Facilities.
- Assist with Access Control Systems for Facilities.
- Assist with Energy Management Protocols for efficient management of consumable resources in the facilities for electricity, chilled water, natural gas, heating hot water and domestic water.
- Assist and coordinate commissioning activities for new facilities equipment in the facility.
- Assist and coordinate validation efforts inside the cGMP Manufacturing Suites and QC Labs.
- Assist Equipment Team with lab and manufacturing Equipment move-in, start-up support, commissioning and validation of critical equipment.
- Perform risk assessments of facilities events relating to performance for temperature, humidity, and pressure deviation events.
- Assist with facility repairs in emergency conditions to bring facilities back on line as quickly as possible.
- Other duties and tasks as needed and assigned related to facility design, construction and operation.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of overall experience on which at least 1-year must be in a cGMP or other FDA regulated operation; OR
- Associate degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of overall experience on which at least 1-year must be in a cGMP or other FDA regulated operation; OR
- High School Diploma with some additional technical education or training in a college or university with a minimum of 7 years of overall experience on which at least 1-year should must be in a regulated and/or cGMP or other regulated operation.
- Must have knowledge for utility and facility equipment, such as air handlers, refrigeration, cold rooms, chillers, boilers, pumps and drives, electrical switchgear, power distribution equipment and emergency generators.
- Knowledge of Computerized Calibration and Maintenance Management Systems (CCMS/CMMS).
- Able to handle multiple priorities quickly and efficiently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and experience applying these skills to resolve technical problems.
- Demonstrate continuous personal pursuit to increasing job knowledge, proficiency in technical understanding and problem-solving abilities.
This position works in a typical office and lab environment with moderate noise levels and uses phone, computer, office equipment and supplies on a regular basis. Other duties performed while outside of office building could involve exposure to manufacturing operations, along with outdoor conditions and temperatures. Physical demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate portable tools, as well as a computer keyboard, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Have a normal range of vision.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Climb ladders and stairs of various heights.
- Be exposed to wet or humid conditions.
- This position may include On-Call response for Facility issues.
- Be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Be exposed to noisy environments.
- In person attendance is mandatory.
We are a committed and inspired company and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking, and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. In addition, we offer:
- Competitive Total Rewards package
- Base Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Stock Options – based on position level
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous Holiday Time
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) for ALL EMPLOYEES regardless of position level
- Full Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Other voluntary insurance (Pet, Legal Shield Identity Theft Protection, Travel Assistant, Accidental Injury and Critical Illness,)
- Family Medical Leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance policy
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Personal time with the CEO in your first 30 days
- Collaborative and family environment
- Monthly Site meetings with fun team building events
- Participation in the annual Houston BioChili Cookoff
- Themed Holiday party
- Social Community Outreach participation
- Development training and planning
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies
Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@immatics.com, and we will contact you if needed.
Immatics values diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.