The primary purpose of the Director Clinical Develpment is to support our global multidisciplinary medical team.
- Director of Clinical Development will be responsible for medical monitoring of patients enrolled into our clinical trials.
- Act as the main point of contact and emergency coverage for Principal Investigators and sites to assess patient eligibility and ongoing protocol and management issues.
- Proactively resolve potential issues that may impact patient safety or study quality.
- Support site initiation visits and investigator trainings within the US done remotely and/or in person (travel required). Where is the location? Is travel involved?
- Evaluating additional clinical research sites in close cooperation with clinical operations
- Participate in scientific discussions and presenting scientific/medical content to internal and external audiences
- Contribute to study designs, clinical development plans, regulatory questions and documents
- Provide medical review and input into key study documents, such as protocols, case report forms, clinical study reports and data analysis
- Strong interest in science, translational medicine, drug development and making a difference for cancer patients.
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written), German is a plus.
- High degree of independent working and analytical reasoning. Embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence.
- Approach tasks in a structured, reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
This is a sedentary position (at least 50% of time) in a typical office environment. There may be frequent interruptions with moderate noise levels and frequent use of printers, copiers, scanners, computers and other office equipment. Ability to sit, talk, walk, hear and communicate verbally and in writing is required. Occasional lifting of objects up to 25 lbs is expected. Occasional travel is needed (up to 30% of time) and it may require operating a vehicle and walking outside in inclement weather.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands and arms, walk; lift push or pull objects up to 20 pounds. Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel required: Yes (30%)
Primarily travel is required by air within the US. Occasionally international travel (e.g. to Europe/Germany) is required 1-2 times/year.
Required education and experience
- MD degree in oncology/ hematology or a related field with previous cancer patient clinical care
- Ideally, 2+ years of experience in the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry.
- Must have analytical reasoning and action-oriented style as well as good organization and communication skills to contribute to the team’s success.
Preferred education and experience
- Clinical Development experience
- Residency has been completed
What Immatics Offers
We are a committed and inspired company and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking, and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. In addition, we offer:
- Competitive Total Rewards package
- Base Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Stock Options – based on position level
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous Holiday Time
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) for ALL EMPLOYEES regardless of position level
- Full Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Other voluntary insurance (Pet, Legal Shield Identity Theft Protection, Travel Assistant, Accidental Injury and Critical Illness,)
- Family Medical Leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance policy
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Personal time with the CEO in your first 30 days
- Collaborative and family environment
- Monthly Site meetings with fun team building events
- Participation in the annual Houston BioChili Cookoff
- Themed Holiday party
- Social Community Outreach participation
- Development training and planning
- Various committees to foster collaboration and involvement within Immatics
- Hybrid work schedules (based on position need and supervisor’s approval)
Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@immatics.com, and we will contact you if needed.
Immatics values diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.