We are currently seeking a full- or part-time Bioinformatician as Scientific Software Engineer* to support our R&D team to develop innovative immunotherapeutic products for next-generation cancer therapy. You will work in Tuebingen (Germany) in an interdisciplinary environment with colleagues from research and clinical departments. Your analytical reasoning and action-oriented style as well as your organization and communication skills will contribute to the team’s success. This is a permanent position.
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Integrate life science data from various assays into the Immatics’ target discovery database XPRESIDENT®.
- Extend our MySQL database and Unix server infrastructure to enable real-time access to experimental data and facilitate interactive analysis.
- Design, implement, and maintain web interfaces for our in-house database and laboratory information management system.
- Contribute to the automatic data processing for our in-house platform that empowers our scientists to identify and validate targets for cancer immunotherapy.
- Collaborate with users and create user requirement specifications to guide the development of our in-house laboratory information management system and our platform for data analysis.
You hold an MSc degree in Bioinformatics or a related field. You have experience with software development and at least basic knowledge of data engineering and database development. You are familiar with at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, or similar). Knowledge of Unix administration, MySQL, or statistics is an advantage. You maintain high code quality, including proactively writing tests and documentation.
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning, and good communication skills in English. Your motivation is driven by your passion for innovation and science, and you are willing to extend your knowledge to support our scientists in developing new cancer immunotherapies.
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated, and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking, and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g., job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.
*We value diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.