We are currently seeking a Bioinformatician as Scientific Software Engineer* to support our R&D team to develop innovative product candidates for cancer immunotherapy. You will work in an interdisciplinary environment with colleagues from research and clinical departments at our site in Tuebingen (Germany). Tuebingen is a vibrant University city close to Stuttgart in the south of Germany.
You will support Immatics’ efforts to further digitalize the characterization and selection of T cell receptors for cancer immunotherapies. Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Integrate life-science data from various assays of Immatics’ T cell Receptor Discovery and Engineering Platform XCEPTOR® into our XCUBE® data warehouse.
- Contribute to the automatic data processing for XCEPTOR® which empowers our scientists to rapidly identify and validate T cell receptors for cancer immunotherapy.
- Extend MySQL databases to enable real-time access to experimental data, facilitate interactive analysis, and produce publication-ready figures.
- Design, implement, and maintain web interfaces for our in-house database and laboratory information management systems.
- Collaborate with life-science users and create user requirement specifications to guide the development of our in-house laboratory information management system and our platform for data analysis.
- You hold a PhD or MSc degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- You have relevant experience with software development, demonstrated either through work experience or University courses.
- You have at least a basic knowledge of data engineering and database development.
- You are proficient in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, or similar).
- You maintain high code quality, including proactively writing tests and documentation.
- You have good communication skills in English and enjoy interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Knowledge of MySQL / Oracle SQL, Java, statistics, or immunologyis an advantage.
We expect a high degree of independent working and analytical reasoning. You are curious and motivated to extend your knowledge to contribute to our mission of developing new cancer immunotherapies to improve clinical outcomes for patients.
We kindly ask you to enclose with your application your transcripts of records (including all courses attended and grades earned) for all degrees (i.e., Bachelor, Master, PhD, if applicable) and to briefly mention which of your professional skills are relevant for this position from your point of view as well as why you are interested in working at Immatics.
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated, and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking, and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g., job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.
*We value diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.