We are currently seeking an Associate Director Translational Science* to support our team in the research and development of innovative cancer immunotherapeutic products. You will work in Tuebingen (Germany) in an interdisciplinary environment at the interface of pre-clinical and clinical departments. Your excellent scientific skills and experience in immunology research and your analytical thinking and acting will contribute to the success of the global team. This is a permanent position.
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Provide Translational and Clinical Biomarker strategy and oversight for our clinical programs
- Maintain up-to date expert knowledge in the context of clinical Immunomonitoring/ biomarker assays
- Resource planning, onboarding and line management (incl. employee development) for Research Associates and Scientists
- Oversee all internal and external Clinical Biomarker lab activities for our clinical programs
- Contribute to writing clinical trial associated documents with a focus on Translational and Clinical Biomarker associated aspects (e.g. CSP, CSR, SAP etc.)
- Ensure quality and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures/ Work Instructions and compliance with guidelines, e.g. ICH GCP
- Budget responsibility
- PhD degree in Immunology or life sciences
- 3+ years hands-on experience on standardized cell-based functional assays, multicolor flow cytometry and immunoassays
- 5+ years of Clinical Biomarker and/ or Translational Research experience in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry, preferred in oncology and cell therapy
- 3+ years leadership experience
- Ability to prioritize and adapt quickly in a fast-paced and changing industry
- Strategic thinker within the Translational Research and Clinical Biomarkers field and beyond
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and decision-making skills. You have excellent communication skills, both in English and German, and you are familiar with the requirements of commercial business and interaction with external partners. You are conversant with establishing and conducting assays in a regulated environment and implementing appropriate quality assurance measures. You are familiar with assay validation and qualification and take careful documenting of your results for granted. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. Some travel may be required.
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g. job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.
*We value diversity and inclusion. Immatics N.V. and all Immatics subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets.
This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer.