Immatics US, Inc. is a highly innovative biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Houston, TX (USA) and co-launched, together with MD Anderson Cancer Center, as a subsidiary of Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH, headquartered in Germany. Our goal is to deliver adoptive cellular immunotherapies for novel cancer targets in indications with highly unmet medical need. Immatics is the leading biopharmaceutical company in the development of cancer immunotherapeutics based on tumor-associated peptides (TUMAPs) that constitute the most relevant targets for all T-cell based immunotherapies.
Immatics US pipeline is based on adoptive cellular therapy (ACT). ACT has demonstrated dramatic clinical effects in melanoma and certain blood cancers. However, relevant and safe targets to translate these initial successes to other cancer types are critically lacking to the field. ACT has the potential to induce significant clinical benefits including rapid clinical responses and can potentially be developed up to FDA marketing approval within few years.
Immatics US is headquartered in Houston with a significant R&D infrastructure. Immatics US has a team of highly qualified research, medical and business professionals and we are looking for team members who constantly strive for excellence and whose motivation is driven by their dedication to innovation and science. We offer a competitive salary based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Scientist/Senior Scientist - CMC (Exempt)
The primary purpose of the Scientist/Senior Scientist Position is focused on process and product / process development and GMP manufacturing of non-engineered or engineered, autologous, or allogeneic T cells used in Adoptive Cell Therapies for cancer patients. The incumbent will be using his/ her in-depth knowledge of T-cell biology, Immunology and TCR signaling, preferably in the context of adoptive cellular therapy, to improve the manufacturability of patient specific T-cell products for clinical use in various phases of clinical trials and commercial manufacturing. As part of a collaborative, highly spirited, hardworking team, the incumbent will enjoy a rare opportunity to see the results of his/ her efforts directly translated to the clinic. Significant amount of the work is bench work.
- Process development and optimization for Immatics’ proprietary antigen specific autologous and allogeneic T cell immunotherapy programs
- Characterization of T-cell products for better manufacturing
- Development of assays for characterization and understanding of T cells
- Provide scientific insights and recommendations to the Department’s strategy
- Provide technical writing support for IND submissions and the required study reports needed
- Support of day-to-day operations within CMC (Process Development and GMP manufacturing)
- Provide technical support and expertise to GMP manufacturing group of CMCs throughout clinical trials by provided technical knowledge about T-cell products
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- REQUIRED: Ph.D. in Immunology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or closely related field.
- Strong background in T Cell biology and immunology and understanding of the field of engineered CAR-T and/or TCR-T Cells. Have an understanding of TCR signaling and molecular biology and cloning.
- Experience with T-Cell immunology, specifically with genetically modified T Cell products and experience with cGMP manufacturing and scale up of T Cell products.
- Experience with lenti and/or retro viral transduction systems.
- Experience in flow cytometry and other analytical techniques (e.g. qPCR).
- Understanding of transfection/transduction of cell lines and primary human cells.
- Working in a regulated environment (writing research reports, SOPs, and IND sections).
- PREFERRED: Experience in the biotech/pharma industry and experience managing both people and projects.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to make sound decisions and approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
- High degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Careful editing and documenting of results.
- Ability to embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence.
- Dedication to innovation and science.
- Ability to approach tasks in a structured, reliable and foresighted manner; combined with a high level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.