Immatics US, Inc. is a highly innovative biopharmaceutical company based in Houston, TX (USA) created through a partnership of MD Anderson Cancer Center with of Immatics Biotechnologies, headquartered in Germany. Our goal is to deliver adoptive cellular immunotherapies directed against novel cancer targets in indications with highly unmet medical need. Immatics is the globally leading biopharmaceutical company in the development of cancer immunotherapies based on proprietary pMHC Targets and T-cell Receptors building a broad proprietary clinical pipeline as well as partnered pipelines with leaders in the field such as Amgen, Roche and Genmab.
Immatics US pipeline is based on adoptive cellular therapy (ACT). ACT has demonstrated dramatic clinical effects in melanoma and certain blood cancers. However, relevant and safe targets to translate these initial successes to other so-called solid cancer types are critically lacking to the field. ACT has the potential to induce significant clinical benefits including rapid clinical responses and can potentially be developed up to FDA marketing approval within few years.
Immatics US is based in Life Science Plaza in the Texas Medical Center in Houston (TX) with a significant 25,000 sq.ft. R&D and office infrastructure. Immatics US has a team of approximately sixty highly qualified research, medical and business professionals and we are looking for team members who constantly strive for excellence and whose motivation is driven by their passion for pioneering therapies and scientific innovation. We offer a competitive salary based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package and a company culture based on people believing in taking responsibility and working together to deliver the best outcomes.
Scientist - Immunology
To support the development of innovative therapies, our Immunology Team is in need of a highly motivated Scientist with a strong immunology and/or immunotherapy background. The Scientist will have a laboratory-focused role to better understand and constantly improve our cellular immunotherapies. The ideal member will be able to participate in a highly innovative research environment and contribute with their analytical reasoning, action-oriented mentality, and organizational skills.
- Under minimal supervision, design and execute experiments using immunological assays to investigate therapeutic mechanisms of action and product potency.
- Assist with developing and performing in vitro assays for drug product improvements.
- Professional leadership and interaction with team-members.
- Efficient cross-departmental organization and collaboration.
- Present research updates to department, project, and management audiences.
- Represent Immatics in domestic and/or international conferences.
- Continually strive for high-quality publications and intellectual property applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- REQUIRED: Ph.D. in Immunology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or closely related field.
- Proven track record of contributions to successful research projects in the field of Immunology/Immune-Oncology
- Substantial experience in multi-color flow cytometry and cell culture.
- In-depth understanding of cell biology and immunology, ideally in the context of cancer therapy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in techniques such as cell culture, multi-color flow cytometry, cell-based functional assays, FACS sorting, ELISA, and molecular biology techniques.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Desire to work as a part of a dynamic team with a desire to mentor colleagues when fitting.
- Rational decision making as you approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
- High degree of independent working, analytical reasoning, and a passion for presentation.
- Careful editing and documenting of results.
- A high degree of flexibility as you work in a fast pace research environment.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FORWARD RESUME TO HR-US@immatics.com