Research Associate - Target Discovery
Immatics US, based in Houston, Texas, is a highly innovative biopharmaceutical company developing adoptive cellular immunotherapies against novel cancer targets. For additional information about Immatics, please visit our website www.immatics.com. We are currently seeking applicants for the following position:
Immatics US is currently seeking Research Associate (Target Discovery) to join our team with the ability to operate in an interdisciplinary environment with colleagues from CMC, Product Science, Translational and Clinical Development. Work will be performed in close collaboration with the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX (USA), and with Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH, Tuebingen and Munich (Germany). Your organizational skills, action-oriented style and analytical reasoning will contribute to the team’s success.
The primary purpose of the Research Associate is to perform all approved laboratory procedures in assigned areas of CLIA/CAP licensure and will participate in the development and optimization of clinical in vitro molecular assays at Immatics US Inc.
Essential Job Functions
- Documented training of high complexity qPCR, Luminex and immunohistochemistry testing.
- Must maintain compliance with CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Enhance and optimize in vitro assay test methods.
- Demonstrates appropriate use, care and maintenance of all equipment in the lab.
- Evaluate reagents for assay development and reagent stability.
- Responsible for placement and organization of supplies, etc., in appropriate locations or storage bins within the lab.
- Responsible for accurate documentation of experimental work, data analysis and results.
- Attends meetings to ensure an understanding of procedures and forms for the collection, processing and storage of clinical research specimens.
- Identify problems and communicates them to the team members.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the verification and validation of experiments.
- Other activities as may be assigned.
Minimum Required Education, Experience and Skills
3+ years of academic or industrial experience preferred. Also, foundation in a variety of molecular biology fundamentals, such as: sequencing, cloning, protein purification/isolation, DNA/RNA purification and cytokine testing. Experience in CLIA lab is a plus. Prefer a thorough understanding of QA/QC procedures.
B.S. in Biology or other related scientific discipline. Experience may be able to substitute for degree.
There is a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and the ability to communicate effectively. Have the ability to embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. Must have dedication to innovation and science and approach tasks in a structured, reliable and foresighted manner; combined with a high level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
Please submit resume and cover letter to HR-US@immatics.com