The Department of Product Science at Immatics has an opportunity for a highly motivated and talented research assistant. The goal of Product Science is to utilize analytical techniques and immunoassays to perform in-process and release characterization of T cell products for use in adoptive cellular immunotherapy. A demonstrated working knowledge of a broad array of state-of-the-art techniques, in particular flow cytometry, is required. Demonstrated experience in the execution of cellular immunology and molecular biology techniques is a plus. The candidate will participate in the support of ongoing research projects to further the development of T cell-mediated adoptive cellular immunotherapies for treatment of various cancers. A qualified candidate will have a demonstrated ability to independently design, execute, and interpret experiments.
A rigorous and creative scientist that can carry out basic research in pursuit of innovative cell-based treatments for cancer
- Demonstrated experience in the development and execution of in vitro cellular assays to assess lymphocyte and myeloid cell activities
- Strong hands on skills in immunological, biochemical and molecular techniques including multi-parameter flow cytometry (both intracellular and cell surface markers), cell culture, use of primary tissues and cells, quantification of mRNA (qPCR), quantification of protein expression, immunohistochemistry, and western blotting
- Understanding of GMP/GLP practices is a plus
Qualifications and Requirements
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or related field with 3+ years of experience or master’s degree.
- The candidate should be well-read in the field of immunology, particularly as it relates to cancer.
- Experience in adoptive cellular therapy is a plus.
- Highly motivated, innovative, creative, organized and able to independently perform and plan experiments
- A keen scientific interest, strong written and oral communication skills, and the desire to work effectively in a fast paced, collaborative environment
Other Skills & Abilities
- Able to manage and prioritize a number of different responsibilities within the scope of the project(s)
RELOCATION WILL BE CONSIDERED