Immatics US, Inc. is a highly innovative biopharmaceutical company based in Houston, TX (USA) created through a partnership of MD Anderson Cancer Center with of Immatics Biotechnologies, headquartered in Germany. Our goal is to deliver adoptive cellular immunotherapies directed against novel cancer targets in indications with highly unmet medical need. Immatics is the globally leading biopharmaceutical company in the development of cancer immunotherpaies based on proprietary pMHC Targets and T-cell Receptors building a broad proprietary clinical pipeline as well as partnered pipelines with leaders in the field such as Amgen, Roche and Genmab.
Immatics US pipeline is based on adoptive cellular therapy (ACT). ACT has demonstrated dramatic clinical effects in melanoma and certain blood cancers. However, relevant and safe targets to translate these initial successes to other so-called solid cancer types are critically lacking to the field. ACT has the potential to induce significant clinical benefits including rapid clinical responses and can potentially be developed up to FDA marketing approval within few years.
Immatics US is based in Life Science Plaza in the Texas Medical Center in Houston (TX) with a significant 25,000 sq.ft. R&D and office infrastructure. Immatics US has a team of approximately sixty highly qualified research, medical and business professionals and we are looking for team members who constantly strive for excellence and whose motivation is driven by their passion for pioneering therapies and scientific innovation. We offer a competitive salary based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package and a company culture based on people believing in taking responsibility and working together to deliver the best outcomes.
Research Associate (CMC) – Process Development & GMP Manufacturing
The Research Associate position will perform complex, highly specialized and time sensitive technical cell manipulation and testing procedures on irreplaceable cellular products in a current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) facility as well as perform experiments pertaining to process, product, or assay development.
- Performs cell growth and manipulation procedures such as cell enrichment, cell evaluation and sorting, cell culture, cellular product cryopreservation, cell product thaw/wash.
- Perform cell-based studies or assays for product development, assay development, or product characterization.
- Performs error free calculations to determine cell viability, dilutions, and cell concentrations.
- Performs procedures and maintain accurate documentation in compliance with FDA’s Good Laboratory Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Tissue practices, as well as standards set by other accreditation agencies including but not limited to FACT, CAP, and CLIA. Records deviations and events, notifies supervisor and quality management personnel in timely manner and assist in investigation of cause and any required corrective actions.
- Responsible for aseptic handling of reagents and products to ensure the integrity and sterility of cellular products until final infusion to the patient. Must adhere to special cleaning and gowning requirements for the facility requiring specialized gowning such as masks, sterile jumpsuits, hair and shoe covers.
- Performs procedures and maintains accurate documentation in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and appropriate federal and local regulations.
- Follows procedures and policies implemented by the organization and adheres to all defined process and documentation requirements.
- Maintains knowledge regarding donor evaluation, screening and testing, labeling and product acceptability and release criteria.
- Performs quality control testing, routine equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Performs and handles human peripheral blood for processing and product manufacture.
- Coordinates and manages supply inventory.
- Works closely and collaborates effectively with other departments including Immunology and Target Discovery.
- Acts as a liaison between process development and GMP manufacturing units within the CMC department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- BA/BS/MA or equivalent job-related experience.
- Basic knowledge of primary cell culture and aseptic handling of cultures.
- Experience using various relevant equipment including, but not limited to cell separation devices, automated cell counters, flow cytometers, and FACS sorters.
- Experience with growing t-lymphocytes or dendritic cells is preferred.
- Experience in clinical cell process and equipment operations.
- Industry experience related to process development, scale up or manufacturing is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Make sound decisions and approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
- Independent working, analytical reasoning and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Careful editing and documenting of results.
- Constant striving for excellence.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FORWARD RESUME TO HR-US@immatics.com.