Immatics US, Inc. is a highly innovative biopharmaceutical company based in Houston, TX (USA) created through a partnership of MD Anderson Cancer Center with of Immatics Biotechnologies, headquartered in Germany. Our goal is to deliver adoptive cellular immunotherapies directed against novel cancer targets in indications with highly unmet medical need. Immatics is the globally leading biopharmaceutical company in the development of cancer immunotherpaies based on proprietary pMHC Targets and T-cell Receptors building a broad proprietary clinical pipeline as well as partnered pipelines with leaders in the field such as Amgen, Roche and Genmab.
Immatics US pipeline is based on adoptive cellular therapy (ACT). ACT has demonstrated dramatic clinical effects in melanoma and certain blood cancers. However, relevant and safe targets to translate these initial successes to other so-called solid cancer types are critically lacking to the field. ACT has the potential to induce significant clinical benefits including rapid clinical responses and can potentially be developed up to FDA marketing approval within few years.
Immatics US is based in Life Science Plaza in the Texas Medical Center in Houston (TX) with a significant 25,000 sq.ft. R&D and office infrastructure. Immatics US has a team of approximately sixty highly qualified research, medical and business professionals and we are looking for team members who constantly strive for excellence and whose motivation is driven by their passion for pioneering therapies and scientific innovation. We offer a competitive salary based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package and a company culture based on people believing in taking responsibility and working together to deliver the best outcomes.
Research Associate – Immunology (2 Positions Open)
The Immunology Department at Immatics US has an opportunity for a highly motivated and talented research associate. A demonstrated working knowledge of a broad array of state-of-the-art techniques in flow cytometry, cellular immunology, and molecular biology is desired. The candidate will work in the research and development side of biotech industry, addressing the current challenges in the field of cellular immunotherapy. A qualified candidate will have a demonstrated ability to independently design, execute, and document experimental procedures.
- Present self-planned experimental protocols and carry-out an agreed upon plan.
- Self-manage your progress in day-to-day activities, along with accurate and timely lab notebook maintenance.
- Attend departmental meetings, where you will present results from current experiments.
- Supervision of laboratory instruments, further development of methods and processes in the laboratory as well as creation of work instructions (SOPs)
Qualifications and Requirements
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet most of the following:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Life Sciences or related field.
- Strong hands on skills in immunological, biochemical and molecular techniques, with an emphasis on:
- Aseptic cell culturing techniques (ideally T-cell related)
- Flow-cytometry (ideally high-dimensional)
- Preference will be given to candidates with a history in immunology fields, with strong preference given to cellular immunotherapy experience.
- Highly motivated, innovative, creative, organized and able to independently perform and plan experiments.
- A keen scientific interest, strong written and oral communication skills, and the desire to work effectively in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt in a dynamic work environment.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Able to manage and prioritize several different project responsibilities within the scope of the in vitro studies and in vivo models.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FORWARD RESUME TO HR-US@immatics.com