THREE OPEN POSITIONS
Immatics US, Inc. is a highly innovative biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Houston, TX (USA) and co-launched, together with MD Anderson Cancer Center, as a subsidiary of Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH, headquartered in Germany. Our goal is to deliver adoptive cellular immunotherapies for novel cancer targets in indications with highly unmet medical need. Immatics is the leading biopharmaceutical company in the development of cancer immunotherapeutics based on tumor-associated peptides (TUMAPs) that constitute the most relevant targets for all T-cell based immunotherapies.
Immatics US pipeline is based on adoptive cellular therapy (ACT). ACT has demonstrated dramatic clinical effects in melanoma and certain blood cancers. However, relevant and safe targets to translate these initial successes to other cancer types are critically lacking to the field. ACT has the potential to induce significant clinical benefits including rapid clinical responses and can potentially be developed up to FDA marketing approval within few years.
Immatics US is headquartered in Houston with a significant R&D infrastructure. Immatics US has a team of highly qualified research, medical and business professionals and we are looking for team members who constantly strive for excellence and whose motivation is driven by their dedication to innovation and science. We offer a competitive salary based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Research Associate - CMC
The primary purpose of the research associate position is to perform complex, highly specialized and time sensitive technical cell manipulation and testing procedures to perform experiments pertaining to process, product, or assay development of cell and gene therapy products.
- Performs aseptic cell growth and manipulation procedures such as cell isolation or enrichment, sorting, culture, cellular product cryopreservation, and cell product thaw/wash.
- Perform cell-based studies or assays for product development, assay development, or product characterization.
- Strong hands on skills in immunological, biochemical and molecular techniques including multi-parameter flow cytometry.
- Performs and handles human peripheral blood for processing and product manufacture.
- Performs manual or automated primary cell isolation using established density gradient methods (Sepax or Ficoll gradients).
- Performs error free calculations to determine cell viability, dilutions, and cell concentrations.
- Performs procedures and maintain accurate documentation in compliance with FDA’s Good Laboratory Practices as well as familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Performs procedures and maintains accurate documentation and electronic laboratory notebooks in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Coordinates and manages supply inventory.
- Works closely and collaborates effectively with other departments including product science and target discovery.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- BA/BS/MA in biological sciences or related discipline with a minimum of 1-3 years work-related experience.
- Basic knowledge of primary cell culture and aseptic handling of cultures. Experience in clinical cell processing and equipment operation including but not limited to cell separation devices, automated cell counters, flow cytometers, and FACS sorters.
- PREFERRED: Experience with growing T-lymphocytes or dendritic cells. Industry experience related to process development, scale up, or manufacturing. Experience in conducting molecular and immunological assays (qPCR, FACS, ELISA)
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to make sound decisions and approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
- High degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Careful editing and documenting your results.
- Ability to embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence.
- Dedication to innovation and science.
- Ability to approach tasks in a structured, reliable and foresighted manner; combined with a high level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.