Immatics US, Inc. is a highly innovative biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Houston, TX (USA) and co-launched, together with MD Anderson Cancer Center, as a subsidiary of Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH, headquartered in Germany. Our goal is to deliver adoptive cellular immunotherapies for novel cancer targets in indications with highly unmet medical need. Immatics is the leading biopharmaceutical company in the development of cancer immunotherapeutics based on tumor-associated peptides (TUMAPs) that constitute the most relevant targets for all T-cell based immunotherapies.
Immatics US pipeline is based on adoptive cellular therapy (ACT). ACT has demonstrated dramatic clinical effects in melanoma and certain blood cancers. However, relevant and safe targets to translate these initial successes to other cancer types are critically lacking to the field. ACT has the potential to induce significant clinical benefits including rapid clinical responses and can potentially be developed up to FDA marketing approval within few years.
Immatics US is headquartered in Houston with a significant R&D infrastructure. Immatics US has a team of highly qualified research, medical and business professionals and we are looking for team members who constantly strive for excellence and whose motivation is driven by their dedication to innovation and science. We offer a competitive salary based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Research Assistant/Associate – Target Based Biomarkers (Exempt)
The primary purpose of the Research Assistant/Associate Position is to perform all approved laboratory procedures in assigned areas of CLIA/CAP licensure and will participate in the development and optimization of clinical in vitro molecular assays at Immatics US Inc. The position (assistant/associate) will be determined based on qualifications.
- Documented training of high complexity qPCR, Luminex and immunohistochemistry testing
- Must maintain compliance with CLIA and CAP regulations
- Enhance and optimize in vitro assay test methods
- Demonstrates appropriate use, care and maintenance of all equipment in the lab
- Evaluate reagents for assay development and reagent stability
- Responsible for placement and organization of supplies, etc. in appropriate locations or storage bins within the lab
- Responsible for accurate documentation of experimental work, data analysis and results
- Attends meetings to ensure an understanding of procedures and forms for the collection, processing and storage of clinical research specimens
- Prepare/revise/review SOPs, Work instructions, Lab Manuals
- Identify problems, communicate them to the team members
- Assist in the planning and execution of verification and validation experiments
- Other activities as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- REQUIRED: B. S in Biology or related scientific discipline. Experience may be able to substitute for degree.
- 2+ years of academic or industry experience preferred.
- Foundation in a variety of molecular biology fundamentals, such as sequencing, cloning, protein purification/isolation, DNA/RNA purification and cytokine testing.
- Experience in CLIA lab is a plus.
- Need a thorough understanding of QA/QC procedures.
- You may be asked to demonstrate your laboratory skills during the interview process.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to make sound decisions and approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
- High degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Careful editing and documenting of results.
- Ability to embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence.
- Dedication to innovation and science.
- Ability to approach tasks in a structured, reliable and foresighted manner; combined with a high level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FORWARD RESUME TO HR-US@immatics.com.