Immatics US, Inc. is a highly innovative biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Houston, TX (USA) and co-launched, together with MD Anderson Cancer Center, as a subsidiary of Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH, headquartered in Germany. Our goal is to deliver adoptive cellular immunotherapies for novel cancer targets in indications with highly unmet medical need. Immatics is the leading biopharmaceutical company in the development of cancer immunotherapeutics based on tumor-associated peptides (TUMAPs) that constitute the most relevant targets for all T-cell based immunotherapies.
Immatics US pipeline is based on adoptive cellular therapy (ACT). ACT has demonstrated dramatic clinical effects in melanoma and certain blood cancers. However, relevant and safe targets to translate these initial successes to other cancer types are critically lacking to the field. ACT has the potential to induce significant clinical benefits including rapid clinical responses and can potentially be developed up to FDA marketing approval within few years.
Immatics US is headquartered in Houston with a significant R&D infrastructure. Immatics US has a team of highly qualified research, medical and business professionals and we are looking for team members who constantly strive for excellence and whose motivation is driven by their dedication to innovation and science. We offer a competitive salary based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Laboratory Support Technician
The primary purpose of the Laboratory Support Assistant position is to provide support to the research and manufacturing teams to assist in laboratory maintenance and logistics coordination. In addition, provide support to the clinical team in support of adoptive cellular therapy (ACT) clinical trials. This position will report to the Director QA/QC.
- Manage routine cleaning of lab equipment in both research and cGMP settings.
- Oversee calibration and maintenance schedules for research and cGMP equipment.
- Manage safety checks of laboratory equipment.
- Pickup of reusable shipping containers.
- Coordinate and manage supply inventory.
- Coordinate biological and chemical waste disposal.
- Maintain good housekeeping around the laboratories.
- Pickup of clinical biopsy, serum and blood samples from the clinical site(s).
- Preparation of clinical site supplies according to a predefined lab manual.
- Delivery and submission of Quality Control Samples in support of patient product testing for various clinical trials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Associate’s degree in biological sciences with 1 year of laboratory experience.
- Background in molecular or microbial biology preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and compliance.
- PREFERRED: All of the above plus industry experience.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to make sound decisions and approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
- High degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence.
- Dedication to innovation and science.
- Ability to approach tasks in a structured, reliable and foresighted manner; combined with a high level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
- Experience with laboratory equipment maintenance and cleaning is highly preferred.