Immatics US, Inc. is a highly innovative biopharmaceutical company based in Houston, TX (USA) created through a partnership of MD Anderson Cancer Center with of Immatics Biotechnologies, headquartered in Germany. Our goal is to deliver adoptive cellular immunotherapies directed against novel cancer targets in indications with highly unmet medical need. Immatics is the globally leading biopharmaceutical company in the development of cancer immunotherpaies based on proprietary pMHC Targets and T-cell Receptors building a broad proprietary clinical pipeline as well as partnered pipelines with leaders in the field such as Amgen, Roche and Genmab.
Immatics US pipeline is based on adoptive cellular therapy (ACT). ACT has demonstrated dramatic clinical effects in melanoma and certain blood cancers. However, relevant and safe targets to translate these initial successes to other so-called solid cancer types are critically lacking to the field. ACT has the potential to induce significant clinical benefits including rapid clinical responses and can potentially be developed up to FDA marketing approval within few years.
Immatics US is based in Life Science Plaza in the Texas Medical Center in Houston (TX) with a significant 25,000 sq.ft. R&D and office infrastructure. Immatics US has a team of approximately sixty highly qualified research, medical and business professionals and we are looking for team members who constantly strive for excellence and whose motivation is driven by their passion for pioneering therapies and scientific innovation. We offer a competitive salary based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package and a company culture based on people believing in taking responsibility and working together to deliver the best outcomes.
We are currently seeking a full-time Bioinformatics Programmer / Scientist to support our R&D team in Discovery department to develop innovative immunotherapeutic products for cancer therapy. You will work in Houston, Texas in an interdisciplinary environment with colleagues from different departments across Germany and US sites. Your analytical reasoning and your organizational skills will contribute to the team’s success.
Your main responsibilities will be in the field of computational mass spectrometry. These include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Computational mass spectrometry pipeline development for Immatics’ target discovery platform XPRESIDENT® to improve discovery of novel immunotherapeutic HLA peptides.
- Maintenance and quality control for a growing repository of external and proprietary mass spectrometry data.
- Design and implementation of SQL database as well as graphical user interface to support R&D teams from other departments.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- For Bioinformatics Scientist: Master’s degree or PhD in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, computational chemistry, biostatistics, and related discipline with 5+ years of professional experience in Bioinformatics.
- For Bioinformatics Programmer: Bachelor's degree in similar discipline with 3+ years of professional experience.
- Knowledge and experience in bioinformatics methods, applications programming, web development, data structures, relational databases, and operating systems.
- Knowledge in proteomics / peptidomics mass spectrometry data analysis
- Experienced and proficient in at least one programming languages, Java, C#, Python, or similar languages. Proficient in Java or C# is a plus.
- Experience working in a UNIX/LINUX command line environment.
- Analytical reasoning, careful processing and documenting of analysis results
- Project management skills to organize workload and complete complex tasks in a timely manner with attention to detail; and take direction and work efficiently and effectively within a team environment; and meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to work well with people from various organizational disciplines and with people who have varying degrees of technical experience.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Make sound decisions and approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
- Independent working, analytical reasoning and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Careful editing and documenting of results.
- Constant striving for excellence.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FORWARD RESUME TO HR-US@immatics.com