We are currently seeking an
Associate Scientist TCR Discovery (all genders welcome)
to support our team in the discovery and preclinical assessment of novel cancer-specific T cell receptors (TCRs) in Tübingen (Germany). The team TCR Discovery and Validation isolates TCRs recognizing proprietary tumor antigens from blood products of healthy individuals. After isolation, TCRs are re-expressed in human cells, extensively characterized and tested preclinically for efficacy and safety to deliver suitable candidates for either adoptive cell therapy or soluble TCR bispecifics.
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Identification and characterization of TCRs for novel proprietary tumor targets
- Method development in the context of TCR discovery
- Professional management of lab operations
- Contribution to and revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- PhD degree in Life Sciences
- Strong background in immunology and/or molecular biology
- A research record demonstrated by publications, patents or presentations in immunology, tumor-oncology or related areas, most preferably in the context of TCR biology
- Experience with cell-based functional assays and multicolor flow cytometry is mandatory, experience with basic molecular biology techniques is preferred
- Desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and excellent communication skills in English. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. Your motivation is driven by your dedication to innovation and science. You approach tasks in a structured, reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
What we offer
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills: We enable them to join conferences and trainings as well as to enjoy our Immatics benefits – e.g. job bike, job ticket, Health Programs, childcare benefits, relocation allowance, Company summer and winter events.
If you’re interested in working for Immatics, please apply online and provide your application documents along with the relevant credentials and certificates. Mrs Annemarie Selbenbacher will answer initial questions at +49 89 125 03 98 33 (landline number Germany). Coredi Recruiting GmbH (Mrs Annemarie Selbenbacher) advises Immatics on this job posting.