Reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer, the Associate Director Program Management will work with colleagues from pre-clinical and clinical development, business development and intellectual property, along with close collaboration with MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston and Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH in Germany on the development of new adoptive cell therapy programs.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for developing and executing the overall project plan for new programs.
- Identify key research questions for projects.
- Design and supervise work packages including, but not limited to, goals, objective and timelines.
- Lead internal and external project team meetings.
- Coordinate project team members (e.g. research, process development and clinical) in a matrix management environment.
- Develop and oversee budgets for projects.
- Point of contact for client regarding timelines, budget, communication, risk mitigation and scope control.
- Coordinate vendor relationships.
Qualifications and Requirements
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences or related field. Prefer a Ph.D.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years work history, specifically within Project Management, in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Oncology Experience, preferably Immuno-Oncology, Gene Engineered Cell Therapy and Tumor Immunology.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to include editing and documentation skills.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Strong team management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve technical and organizational issues.
- Planning, organization, change control and risk mitigation skills.
- Strong knowledge of GCP, GMP and other regulatory requirements for pharmaceutical development.
- Excellent problem solving and creative skills, combined with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) with a strong working knowledge of MS Office products, especially Microsoft Project.
- High level of integrity and dependability, with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Ability to work independently.
Immatics US, Inc. is a highly innovative biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Houston, TX (USA) and co-launched, together with MD Anderson Cancer Center, as a subsidiary of Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH, headquartered in Germany. We are a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company active in the discovery and development of T-cell redirecting immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
Our transformative product candidates are - best in class - Adoptive Cell Therapies and Bispecific TCR molecules. These products are directed against tumor targets that have been identified and validated by Immatics' proprietary and world-leading XPRESIDENT® technology.
Our mission is to bring the power of T-cell redirecting immunotherapies to cancer patients with more than 100 targets covering 20 major solid and liquid tumors with 80% of the discovered targets being novel. We have 2 proprietary technology platforms and 8 proprietary development programs, with 2 in the clinical trial phase as of 2017.
The US has a team of over 40 highly qualified research, medical and business professionals and we are looking for team members who constantly strive for excellence and whose motivation is driven by their dedication to innovation and science.